still alive

2.08.10

we’re all still alive and doing great. we’re still crazy busy every day, but it’s been good. we just got back from our 3-night homestays. we were split into pairs and placed with families in soweto. my family was so precious. they took us to the mall, to 3 “kitchen parties,” to credo mutwa (sp? check it out online- crazy; art and sculptures of this guy’s prophecies; tower to see all of soweto; traditional zulu huts), to see the movie skin (highly recommend it!), and other exciting things. my house “mama” bought me earrings and treated all of us to kfc soft-serve. haha.


today we went to see the cargo of dreams. there were so many excited, adorable kids climbing all over us.

we’ve been to the hector pieterson and apartheid museums and been all over soweto. we’re headed to kimberley (to see the mines), durban, and cape town here soon. they don’t really tell us what’s going on much ahead of time, so I’m not really sure exactly what’s going down when.

by the way, i have 2 of the biggest bruises of my life right now. oh man. one is a random one on my arm that i got right before we left (no idea what from), and the other is from hitting the seatbelt when i was getting out of the van. classic.

communication is super sporadic and expensive, but i'll do my best to write more later,

sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment